Stucco can last for many years if it is professionally maintained. Regular maintenance can prevent significant damage and costly repairs down the road.
Stucco often needs repair because moisture seeps behind walls and causes the wall to crack or deteriorate. When big cracks or blisters appear, the time to make repairs is right away, before the damage grows. If stucco deterioration and damage isn’t addressed correctly, the results can be disastrous to the underlying structure. Here are a few other signs of damage to watch for:
- Discoloration underneath windows or trim on the building’s exterior
- Efflorescence (a white chalky residue on the building exterior)
- Staining on the stucco where walls and the roof intersect
- Stucco that extends beneath the soil or ground
- A moldy or musty smell inside the building
- Moisture on the inside finishes around windows
If you require stucco replacement, maintenance or repairs in southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware or southern New Jersey, Unlimited Construction can help. Our experience includes stucco maintenance, patch repairs and full resurfacing of residential or commercial structures. We are always available to provide estimates and timely, cost-effective stucco repairs.